Why we don’t sell on Amazon
- Everyone who works at SkinLikes is an individual who cares.
- We never force a smile – ours are real.
- We are all kind and helpful – and it’s a happy team effort every day.
- Our values include humility, collaboration, selflessness, and transparency.
- We have a wonderful mix of seasoned veterans and eager young professionals all learning from each other.
- We’re people who need to earn a living, who want to have meaningful jobs, and who care about the freedom to build a business.
- Voice matters – and that’s why our customers can call us and speak to a friendly voice.
- We don’t charge you £79 as an annual fee for simply being our valued customer.
- We don’t send you a tube of our lotion in a cardboard box the size of a small animal farm.
- We don’t get complaints about the recycled paper that we use for wrapping and posting.
- We use Royal Mail first-class post for deliveries to your door on foot.
- We support small businesses (our suppliers) and the jobs that they create.
- We don’t haggle over the prices they charge and we pay before delivery.
- We don’t charge our suppliers 35% fee of the value of everything they sell us.
- We care what will we leave for our grandchildren – and this includes shops on the high street.
- We don’t increasingly control the underlying infrastructure of the economy.
- We don’t threaten the revenue streams and social capital that local communities depend on to function.
Some writing by others:
Last but not least:
A nation of 9.66 million people (Hungary) has just a little more money than one man – Jeff Bezos ($198.36bn). We donate what we can to Mary’s Meals, who provide lunch to about 1.7m of the world’s poorest children – every day. www.marysmeals.org