A Special – Hydration Moisturiser for face, neck, décolletage and hands
Even for seemingly invincible heroes, your skin defines you as a distinctive individual. Known as Skin-Ego, it contains your thoughts and feelings. It communicates individuality. It tells others who you are and that you care about yourself.
So, if you have been searching for a moisturiser that’s free from technological gimmicks, yet functional and easy to apply, leaves your skin looking and feeling smooth, and with a healthy glow, then you have come to the right place. If its non-sensitising, non-irritant and vegan, then all the better.
Persian Silk – Hydration Moisturiser contains powerful ingredients that are instantly absorbed by the skin. It sits perfectly under makeup and has a smooth and lightweight texture. A pick-me-up of hydration for dull skin, it leaves it feeling renewed and luxurious, while its subtle scent smells good too.
Why is this great for my Skin?
Far too many anti-wrinkle creams and hydrating serums leave us disappointed and so we wanted to make a product that would answer lots of questions. An intense moisturising lotion for women with sensitive, mature or indeed any skin type on the face and hands; something that was organic and completely natural, kind-natured, rich and mildly scented; simply different.
We started by investigating ingredients that came entirely from plants. We were intrigued by stories of the Silk Road – an ancient trade route that linked the regions of the ancient world in China, through Persia and eventually to us here in Europe. Marco Polo travelled nearly 4000 miles to meet with Kublai Khan in China, but like all merchants, he didn’t have a lot of room for goods. The items he carried were small, but luxury and expensive – and essential oils fitted his needs perfectly. He was the first to speak of Persian Frankincense. For many reasons, it’s one of our favourites and was first to be included in our recipe.
All skin types need regular hydration on top of a thorough cleanse, to be at their best. Moisturisers are an essential element for everyone, however, it’s a problem to know when you’re using the right one. Some ingredients in them may irritate certain skin types and you need to be careful in the selection. Persian Silk contains no heavy oils or indeed anything that may harm you, and it has all of the nutrients required to moisturise most skin-types. Although if you have oily skin, you will see that you need only apply a little to satisfy the demands of your skin.
Our Key Ingredients:
We want to visualise you using Persian Silk Moisturiser and feeling the benefits, so we put our heart and soul into our research. We are fortunate that here in Ayrshire where we manufacture every bit of our products ourselves, the water is pure and it’s soft. Soft water is better for the skin than hard water to be found in many other parts of the UK (read the article on our website https://www.skinlikes.co.uk/softer-water)
Water: There are so many ways to make a lotion using chemicals and other ‘so-called’ fragrances that have never seen the outside of a factory, but we take an entirely different approach. First, we start with soft water that we further purify to remove any traces of chlorine or indeed any microscopic particle that has no right to there. Glycerine, a completely-natural humectant holds moisture in the skin and hyaluronic acid, an essential molecule of the dermis whose main function is to keep tissues well lubricated and moist are two significant ingredients.
Organic Oils: The oils that we use are organic, and cold pressed oils from plants. Cold-pressed ensures that the oils and the active ingredients that they contain haven’t been chemically altered in any way. Organic allows that we know that herbicides and pesticides won’t be part of their makeup.
- Grapeseed Oil: contains powerful antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and fatty acids that work together to make the skin softer and more elastic. It improves the skins moisture and softness and we read in several scientific journals that it can help alleviate redness for those with sensitive skin.
- Rosehip Oil: is filled with skin essential anti-inflammatory fatty acids and vitamins A and C that help to treat signs of skin aging and pigmentation. It helps to hydrate and repair damaged skin, without the oily feel of a traditional liquid oil, and it contains compounds called retinoids, which may help reduce the appearance of acne. It’s a gentle oil that most people tolerate well, which makes it a good choice for those with eczema or sensitive skin.
- Passion Flower Seed: is known for its anti-ageing properties because of the high vitamin C content, that helps keep skin looking firm and youthful. It is also a great source of vitamin A in the form of carotenoids, which help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The oils that we use for the refined scent in this product are just two that have been sympathetically blended – Frankincense and Rose. Both are plant-based, and therapeutic. Our suppliers are small and artisan and we can trace the products to their origin.
- Frankincense in French means ‘real incense’. The Hebrews and Jews imported it from the Phoenicians such was its its value in those days – the same as gold. A haunting fragrance, woody, spicy with a hint of lemon.
- Persian warriors adorned their shields with red roses. Long being a symbol of love and purity, it is deep, sweet and flowery – an exquisite perfume.
We all live in a world of performance targets and so in our factory, research is an every-day occurrence that we have accepted as a necessity as we continually try to improve.
Lead-times can be troublesome when we are planning ahead, and especially so when ordering our eco-friendly plastic tubes. Made from sugar-cane waste, these are great step forward for us, but in this ‘mid-time’ between the twelve –week order and delivery period, we completed our research into the benefits of Pomegranate Oil.
Used in medicinal practices in Indian ayurvedic medicine and in Greek and Roman medicine, it’s been around for a very long time and packed with nutrients and powerful plant compounds with a long-list of health benefits, we thought that is was worthy of inclusion.
Fondly referred to as ‘natures fruit of life’, several scientific journals talk about it’s ability to maintain and enhance many body systems and functions such as boosting collagen production, enhancing skin elasticity, promoting the reversal of skin damage, and leaving lasting moisture without a greasy residue or clogged pores.
Taking all of these facts into consideration, we tested this oil in our own laboratory and found that it blended well and was stable with all of our other plant-based ingredients. So, considering its terrific benefits, Persian Silk Hydration Moisturiser now also includes a proportion of this lovely ingredient.